Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador has been at the forefront of the provincial tourism industry for over three decades. As a member of Hospitality NL, you can take pride and satisfaction in knowing that you are a part of a group that has your best interests in mind. Your membership will provide you with countless benefits through our constant advocacy efforts, innovative educational tools and resources, communication networks, and discounts on numerous services and products of value to your business.
Contact our Membership Coordinator, Susie Greene, to learn more about how membership in Hospitality NL is beneficial to you and your business!
Hospitality NL is proud of our strategic partnerships with the provincial and federal governments, other tourism-related, community-based and economic development organizations, as well as sector associations throughout Newfoundland and Labrador. We advocate on issues of importance to the tourism industry, which builds a more competitive environment for tourism organizations. Learn more about our Advocacy efforts.
Networking – Hospitality NL Special Events
Along with educational sessions and other events throughout the year, Hospitality NL oversees several annual events that have become key opportunities to develop and foster partnerships among members.
- Hospitality NL’s Conference and Trade Show
The Conference and Trade Show is the largest and most important annual event for the Newfoundland and Labrador tourism industry. Offering a chance for tourism operators and organizations, government policy makers, suppliers, regulatory officials and the media to come together to learn, network and celebrate, the conference and trade show is a valuable opportunity for those invested in the industry.
- Annual Tourism Week
Hospitality NL’s Tourism Week celebrations are held in conjunction with the national Tourism Week celebrations held in June each year. The week-long celebrations are a prime opportunity for Hospitality NL to raise public awareness of the tourism industry’s contribution to the provincial economy and quality of life for the people of the province, as well as the association and its benefits. In the past, Hospitality NL has partnered with regional and community groups in order to hold events throughout the province that raise the awareness of tourism.
- Annual Christmas Reception
Each year, Hospitality NL hosts a member reception in December, providing a wonderful opportunity to network with colleagues in a relaxing environment, debrief the year’s trends and get in the holiday spirit!
- Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador offers its members discounts on a wide array of products and services including events, training programs, workshops, human resource products and advertising opportunities.
- The annual Conference and Trade Show, the largest gathering of tourism stakeholders in the province, provides members with an opportunity to network and make valuable industry contacts while keeping abreast of the newest developments in the industry through a series of workshops and presentations.
- Communications with members, including our quarterly Tourism Times newsletter and regular email and web updates, actively inform members about the latest progress and opportunities in the association and industry as a whole.
- Hospitality NL’s Member-to-Member Discount Program gives each member the chance to draw more attention to their business by offering specials and promotions to other Hospitality NL members. The program encourages our entire network of members to search for opportunities within the association. This is a valuable tool to make future partnerships with other businesses and tourism organizations! Click here to learn more.
- Members are highlighted throughout our website, and by the placement of the Hospitality NL logo next to each member’s listing in the Provincial Travel Guide. Access our Brand Guidelines for more information on using the Hospitality NL logo.
- Established in 2008 for Hospitality NL’s 25th anniversary year, the Silver Anniversary Scholarship is generously supported by the Boone family and the Sparkes family, two families with a long tradition of innovation and leadership within the tourism community. Each year, two Silver Anniversary Scholarships are awarded to a dependant or employee of a current Hospitality NL member to assist with the cost of post secondary education.