Contractual – February 1, 2017 – December 29, 2017
Duties: The Technology Resource Coordinator implements and manages the overall delivery of information, communications, and technology services for the TourismTechnology.com program for Hospitality NL. The coordinator provides basic to high-level, hands-on support and expertise to Tourism Businesses in Newfoundland & Labrador. The Coordinator also administers and maintains Hospitality NL’s internal information, communications and technology services including messaging, data files, web applications, information and special purpose servers and related equipment.
Qualifications: Applicants for this position should have
- a university degree or college diploma in either Information Technology or Business Administration (focus in communications, social media, digital marketing); however, an equivalent combination of experience and coursework will be considered;
- have at least three (3) years of experience in social media/digital marketing, web development and related technologies with strong understanding of current trends and best practices;
- experience in curriculum and training development for adult learners;
- strong training and presentation skills;
- excellent writing and oral communication skills;
- the skills to explain technical concepts to non-technical people;
- proficiency in computer technology and programs;
- responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting the associations computers, LAN and multimedia systems;
- excellent organizational and time management skills;
- the ability to work flexible hours;
- the ability to travel in the province and a valid driver’s licence;
- the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment;
- prior experience working in the tourism/hospitality industry would be an asset.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send resumes to:
Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador
71 Goldstone Street (Suite 102)
St. John’s, NL A1B 5C3
Deadline for applications: January 20, 2017
Thank you in advance for your application.
Only applicants receiving an interview will be contacted.