Silver Anniversary Scholarship
Hospitality NL’s Silver Anniversary Scholarship will be awarded to a dependant* or employee of a Hospitality NL member company to assist them in their pursuit of post secondary education.
Hospitality NL’s Silver Anniversary Scholarship is proudly supported by:
- The Boone Family
- The Sparkes Family
Two scholarships in the amount of $1,500.00 each are available for the academic year beginning September.
Application deadline: October 23, 2020
To be considered, scholarship candidates must be:
- A dependant* or employee of a Hospitality NL member organization in good standing.
- Either a graduate of a Newfoundland and Labrador high school in the current calendar year, or a returning student, enrolled in a recognized post-secondary program or institution either within or outside Newfoundland and Labrador.
* Dependant is defined as a person who is financially supported by a Hospitality NL member in the following situations:
- Financially supported by an employee working in a member business
- Financially supported by the owner/operator of a member business
Candidates must also complete and submit the following application form as well as a 300-500 word essay (see below for essay requirements.)
The applications of candidates meeting the above considerations will be forwarded to the selection committee. Applications are weighed on a number of factors including:
- Educational goals and Direction
- Academic performance
- Extra-curricular activities
- Community involvement
- Quality and content of essay
To be considered, all parts of the scholarship application (see below) must be completed in full and submitted according to the published deadline.
Submit a 300–500 word essay outlining your future career goals and your plans for achieving them, as well as what makes you a choice scholarship candidate, e.g. extracurricular activities, community involvement, leadership skills, etc. Points will be awarded for overall essay quality and content. Please note: only essays that comply with the above word count limit will be accepted.
Report Cards & Transcripts
One copy of your official report cards/transcripts for the last two years of study to be submitted with the application form.
Only successful applicants will be notified of the selection results.
Individuals who are past recipients are not eligible to apply, however, past applicants are encouraged to reapply if they still meet the eligibility requirements.
Falsification of any information in this application will result in rejection of the application and/or require repayment of monies awarded.
Names, images, current school/ institution be attended and the anticipated education program of the recipients will be included in communications by Hospitality NL announcing the recipients; all other information contained in this application will be held in confidence.