Tourism Industry Engagement Coordinator
January – May 2024
Hospitality NL is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Tourism Industry Engagement Coordinator for a 5-month contract. The primary objective of this project is to research and identify unregistered short-term rental accommodations in Newfoundland and Labrador. The successful candidate will play a critical role in assisting these property owners in completing the mandatory registration process by March 31, 2024. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth of the province’s tourism industry and enhance its reputation. This position reports directly to the CEO and COO, playing a pivotal role in ensuring seamless communication within our organization and with our valued members and partners.
- Conduct comprehensive research to identify unregistered short-term rental accommodations in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Establish effective communication channels with property owners to inform them of the registration process and requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to property owners to help them navigate the registration process.
- Maintain accurate records of outreach and engagement efforts.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders and government agencies to ensure a seamless registration process.
- Monitor progress and report on the project’s status to the Hospitality NL team.
Applicants for this position should have:
- bachelor’s degree in Tourism, or a related field however, an equivalent combination of experience and coursework will be considered.
- creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- ability to deliver results and be action oriented.
- excellent organizational and time management skills.
- self-motivated, proactive, and capable of working independently.
- knowledge of short-term rental regulations and registration processes (preferred).
- prior experience working in the tourism/hospitality industry would be an asset.
- the ability to work flexible hours.
- the ability to travel in the province and a valid driver’s licence.
- the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- excellent organizational and project management skills.
- ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience in the range of $35,000 – $45,000 annually.
At Hospitality NL we are committed to workplace inclusion. Candidates of all backgrounds including but not limited to individuals with international experience, newcomers to Canada, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and persons of various gender identities and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodations at any point of the application process.
If you require accommodations, alternative job posting formats, alternative application methods, or any other support with your application please contact us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Deadline for applications: January 19, 2024
Thank you in advance for your application
Only applicants receiving an interview will be contacted
Applications are closed.