Tourism Employee Award of Excellence
The Tourism Employee Award of Excellence recognizes a front-line tourism employee *who has demonstrated exemplary work performance, thereby enhancing business or customer satisfaction. This individual is valued for their outstanding service and seen as a key contributor to team success. When an individual staff member demonstrates a commitment to their role, it’s visible in the guest experience. This employee’s professionalism, dedication, attitude, and quality of service best represent excellence in Newfoundland and Labrador’s tourism industry.
*Owner/operators and senior management personnel are generally not eligible for this award.
To be eligible for the annual Tourism Employee Award of Excellence:
- The applicant must be employed by a tourism-related business or organization operating within Newfoundland & Labrador.
- The business/organization must be a member in good standing with Hospitality NL
- The business/organization must be approved under the Tourism Assurance Plan. (Learn more here: https://hnl.ca/resources/about-tap)
We encourage owners, operators, and managers to nominate someone from their team who exemplifies the following characteristics:
- Positive attitude and dedication
- Leadership, cooperation, and teamwork
- Maintains exemplary work standards
- Goes above and beyond to improve their organization
- Commitment to visitor/customer satisfaction
The winner of this award will be invited to attend Hospitality NL’s Annual Conference & Trade Show courtesy of the award sponsor from February 28 – March 2 in Gander. Their invitation will include transportation, accommodations, and a full delegate registration to attend the conference. The award will be presented at the Tourism Excellence Awards Gala during the conference on Thursday, March 2, 2023.
The award is presented by Hospitality NL and is sponsored by Celebrate NL.
Previous Award Winners:
2023 Joy Cronin, Front Desk Agent–The Capital Hotel
To submit a nomination for the Tourism Employee Award of Excellence, complete the following nomination form.
*Deadline for nomination submission is Wednesday, February 15th, 2023*
Sorry. This form is no longer available.