Silver Anniversary Scholarship
Established in 2008 for Hospitality NL’s 25th anniversary year, the Silver Anniversary Scholarship is generously supported by the Boone family and the Sparkes family, two families with a long tradition of innovation and leadership within the tourism community.
Applications for the 2017 Silver Anniversary Scholarship must be submitted no later than 3:00 pm on Friday, August 11, 2017. To access the application form and all application criteria, please click the following link:
*Please save application to your computer before completing the fields*
Presented annually to two deserving students, the Scholarship was established to assist the recipients with their pursuit of post-secondary education. Proudly supported by the Boone Family and the Sparkes Family, two scholarships in the amount of $1,500.00 each are available for the academic year beginning September 2017.
To be considered, scholarship candidates must be:
- A dependent* or employee of a Hospitality NL member organization in good standing.
- Either a graduate of a Newfoundland and Labrador high school in the current calendar year, or a returning student, enrolled in a recognized post-secondary program or institution either within or outside of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Candidates must also complete and submit the scholarship application form as well as a 300-500 word essay and submit all supporting documents.
* Dependant is defined as a person who is financially supported by a Hospitality NL member in the following situations:
- Financially supported by an employee working in a member business
- Financially supported by the owner/operator of a member business
The applications of candidates meeting the above considerations will be forwarded to the selection committee. Applications are weighed on a number of factors including:
- Educational goals and direction
- Academic performance
- Extra-curricular activities
- Community involvement
- Quality and content of essay
2016: Emily Chislett and Joshua Lehr
2015: Julie Goudie and Cecily Parsons
2014: Terra Barrett and Luke Norman Parsons
2013: Tania Heath and Kristen Peckford
2012: Whitney Sharpe and Toni Kearney
2011: Megan Laite and Shardi Janes
2010: Theoren Goosney and Michaela Jacobs
2009: Nicole Alexander and Sarah Murphy
2008: Marieke Gow and Shaundel Leamon