November 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024
This position reports directly to the CEO and COO, playing a pivotal role in ensuring seamless communication within our organization and with our valued members and partners. This position plays a crucial role in enhancing our organization’s communication efforts, keeping our members informed and engaged, and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders.
As the Communications Coordinator, you will manage all aspects of correspondence, including emails, letters, and other written communication. Your attention to detail and effective communication skills will help maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The coordinator will develop engaging and relevant content for various communication channels, including e-newsletters, press releases, social media, website, and internal communications.
You will be the voice that keeps our members informed about crucial industry updates and association-related news, though direct emails blasts and social media. This Communications Coordinator position offers an opportunity to contribute to our organization’s growth and reputation by effectively managing our communication efforts. If you are a skilled communicator with a passion for promoting meaningful messages, we invite you to join our team.
Applicants for this position should have:
- bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field however, an equivalent combination of experience and coursework will be considered.
- proven experience in communications, public relations, or a related role.
- knowledge of current industry trends and best practices in communications.
- creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- social media management expertise.
- excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- ability to deliver results and be action oriented.
- proficiency in using communication tools and platforms, including social media, email marketing, and content management systems.
- excellent organizational and time management skills.
- prior experience working in the tourism/hospitality industry would be an asset.
- the ability to work flexible hours.
- the ability to travel in the province and a valid driver’s licence.
- the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- excellent organizational and project management skills.
- ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience in the range of $35,000 – $45,000 annually.
At Hospitality NL we are committed to workplace inclusion. Candidates of all backgrounds including but not limited to individuals with international experience, newcomers to Canada, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and persons of various gender identities and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodations at any point of the application process.
If you require accommodations, alternative job posting formats, alternative application methods, or any other support with your application please contact us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Deadline for applications: September 29, 2023
Thank you in advance for your application
Only applicants receiving an interview will be contacted.