A new updated version of IcebergFinder.com was launched last week with significant new features and enhancements.
To learn more about IcebergFinder.com, Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism is holding a webinar, Tuesday, June 5th from 10:30 – 11:30am. To register, please email Linette Moores at email@example.com.
IcebergFinder.com is the leading digital channel for tracking icebergs in Newfoundland and Labrador, with more than 400,000 visits during the 2017 iceberg season. Using satellite technology and visual sightings from tourism operators and Visitor Information Centres, icebergs are plotted in real-time, providing tangible information on icebergs currently in and around the province.
The new version of IcebergFinder.com has exciting new features:
- a responsive design which allows travellers to access the site on mobile devices as they travel around the province and find the locations of icebergs along our coastline
- photographs of icebergs can now be uploaded by the public, in real-time, with the viewing location where the photo was taken plotted to the iceberg map.
- travellers will be able to locate and get directions to each of these viewing locations
- travellers will also be able to find things to do and places to stay near the viewing locations, with appropriate links to tourism operator listings
- icebergs do move and melt, so photos of the icebergs will remain plotted for seven days and then move to a full gallery where iceberg images shared throughout the season using #IcebergsNL will be displayed
- a fresh new look and layout and with a navigation that’s intuitive and easy.
Join us on Tuesday to learn more about IcebergFinder.com!