Membership Engagement and Development Manager
The Manager is responsible for industry engagement, training and knowledge development, relationship and partnership support. They will lead the planning, development, marketing, delivery, and evaluation of the organization’s membership and training programs. They will be required to travel to conduct training sessions, engagement meetings and presentations throughout the province.
Applicants for this position should have:
• a university degree or college diploma in Tourism, Business or Adult Education; however, an equivalent combination of experience and training will be considered;
• experience in curriculum and training development for adult learners;
• training delivery and presentation skills;
• excellent relationship management skills with a strong background in membership/client development;
• demonstrated communication skills, including facilitation and relationship-building among a diverse group of stakeholders; • strong customer service and engagement skills;
• social media management expertise;
• proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite and database management software;
• planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail;
• ability to deliver results and be action-oriented;
• sales and/or fundraising experience and a drive to meet forecasted targets; • ability to work and thrive in a team and mobilize team members to meet goals;
• ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet established deadlines;
• high standard for personal performance with a proactive and entrepreneurial spirit;
• excellent writing and oral communication skills; • prior experience working in the tourism/hospitality industry would be an asset;
• the ability to work flexible hours; • the ability to travel in the province and a valid driver’s licence;
• the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience in the range of $43,000 – $50,000 annually.
Please send resumes to:
Selection Committee Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador 71 Goldstone Street (Suite 102) St. John’s, NL A1B 5C3 email: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: January 24, 2020
Thank you in advance for your application. Only applicants receiving an interview will be contacted.