WorldHost® Online Learning
Through our partnership with WorldHost® Training Services we are able to offer Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism businesses WorldHost® e-Learning programs as our newest training solution.
Through our partnership with WorldHost® Training Services we are able to offer Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism businesses WorldHost® e-Learning programs as our newest training solution. This option is ideal if you prefer to complete training at your own pace, as well as for those who may find it challenging to access in-class workshops.
WorldHost® e-Learning programs currently available include:
1. Communication Tools for Service Professionals
This online course provides service professionals with enhanced communication skills required to deliver superior customer service.
2. Customers with Disabilities
This online course is designed to increase front-line employees’ sensitivity toward people with disabilities, and to provide superior customer service skills that respect every visitor’s unique needs.
3. Service Across Cultures
This online course is designed to help front-line workers improve communication with, and provide excellent customer service to all customers from diverse cultures.
4. Remarkable Service in the Age of Social Media – Front-line Staff
This course is designed to give front-line service industry workers the knowledge and skills required to provide service that compels customers to endorse, review and recommend your business on social media channels like TripAdvisor, Yelp, Facebook and Twitter.
5. Remarkable Service in the Age of Social Media – Social Media Administrators
Designed for anyone who is responsible for administering social media on behalf of a tourism business, this course focuses on roles and responsibilities, effective communications and customer service excellence.
WorldHost® e-Learning programs provide:
- Self-directed learning
- Video and audio training, with the utilization of discussion boards and journals
- A comprehensive list of resources and checklists
- Access to learning 24/7 for three weeks from date of registration
- A self-signing certificate upon passing final assessment
It is estimated that course completion times will range from two to five hours and cost $65.00 + HST per person, per program. To register for any of the programs go to www.worldhosttraining.com/elearning or contact Allie Bourden.
- 1 May 02, 2017 WorldHost Fundamentals – St. John’smore...
- 2 May 08, 2017 Online Video Production Workshop-St. John’smore...
- 3 May 10, 2017 Online Video Production Workshop-Grand Falls-Windsormore...
- 4 May 11, 2017 Online Video Production Workshop-Corner Brookmore...
- 5 May 23, 2017 WorldHost Fundamentals – Grand Falls Windsormore...
- 6 May 24, 2017 WorldHost Fundamentals – Trinitymore...
- 7 May 26, 2017 Tourism Town Hallmore...
emerit has been developed by the Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council (CTHRC) in collaboration with tourism industry professionals. It has become synonymous with excellence, credibility, and professionalism in the Canadian tourism sector. For more information go to www.emerit.ca.
The Discover Tourism career awareness program was developed to communicate employment and career opportunities in the tourism sector to a range of target audiences including Youth, New Canadians, Persons with Disabilities, Pre and Post Retirees.
The Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism (CATT) focuses on building partnerships between education and industry in order to foster the next generation of Canadian travel & tourism leaders.