Silver Anniversary Scholarship
Established in 2008 for Hospitality NL’s 25th anniversary year, the Silver Anniversary Scholarship is generously supported by the Boone family and the Sparkes family, two families with a long tradition of innovation and leadership within the tourism community.
Applications for the 2016 Silver Anniversary Scholarship must be submitted no later than 3:00 pm on Friday, August 12, 2016. To access the application form and all application criteria, please click the following link:
Presented annually to two deserving students, the Scholarship was established to assist the recipients with their pursuit of post-secondary education. Proudly supported by the Boone Family and the Sparkes Family, two scholarships in the amount of $1,500.00 each are available for the academic year beginning September 2016.
To be considered, scholarship candidates must be:
- A dependent* or employee of a Hospitality NL member organization in good standing.
- Either a graduate of a Newfoundland and Labrador high school in the current calendar year, or a returning student, enrolled in a recognized post-secondary program or institution either within or outside of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Candidates must also complete and submit the scholarship application form as well as a 300-500 word essay and submit all supporting documents.
* Dependant is defined as a person who is financially supported by a Hospitality NL member in the following situations:
- Financially supported by an employee working in a member business
- Financially supported by the owner/operator of a member business
The applications of candidates meeting the above considerations will be forwarded to the selection committee. Applications are weighed on a number of factors including:
- Educational goals and direction
- Academic performance
- Extra-curricular activities
- Community involvement
- Quality and content of essay
2015: Julie Goudie and Cecily Parsons
2014: Terra Barrett and Luke Norman Parsons
2013: Tania Heath and Kristen Peckford
2012: Whitney Sharpe and Toni Kearney
2011: Megan Laite and Shardi Janes
2010: Theoren Goosney and Michaela Jacobs
2009: Nicole Alexander and Sarah Murphy
2008: Marieke Gow and Shaundel Leamon
- 1 May 02, 2017 WorldHost Fundamentals – St. John’smore...
- 2 May 08, 2017 Online Video Production Workshop-St. John’smore...
- 3 May 10, 2017 Online Video Production Workshop-Grand Falls-Windsormore...
- 4 May 11, 2017 Online Video Production Workshop-Corner Brookmore...
- 5 May 23, 2017 WorldHost Fundamentals – Grand Falls Windsormore...
- 6 May 24, 2017 WorldHost Fundamentals – Trinitymore...
- 7 May 26, 2017 Tourism Town Hallmore...
emerit has been developed by the Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council (CTHRC) in collaboration with tourism industry professionals. It has become synonymous with excellence, credibility, and professionalism in the Canadian tourism sector. For more information go to www.emerit.ca.
The Discover Tourism career awareness program was developed to communicate employment and career opportunities in the tourism sector to a range of target audiences including Youth, New Canadians, Persons with Disabilities, Pre and Post Retirees.
The Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism (CATT) focuses on building partnerships between education and industry in order to foster the next generation of Canadian travel & tourism leaders.