The directors and sector representatives are collectively the representatives of the entire membership and are charged with the responsibility of exercising visionary leadership; establishing values and goals; setting policies and procedures; creating value in the programs and services to the benefit of the members; supporting Hospitality NL employees and volunteers and respecting them as partners in advancing the mission of the association.
- Help frame Hospitality NL’s values, vision, and mission;
- Help to identify the priority needs of the members and the resources required to achieve them;
- Assist in formulating and establishing strategic plans, goals, and the annual budget;
- Adopt programs to carry out the mission and goals;
- Monitor the execution of the policies of the board, and the goals and programs of Hospitality NL;
- Be positive in communicating board decisions to members, staff, and the public;
- Promote the programs and services of Hospitality NL to members, prospective members, the public and to other stakeholders;
- Comply with the by-laws and policies of Hospitality NL and ensure compliance by others;
- Identify and understand emerging issues and opportunities which are compatible with Hospitality NL’s goals;
- Prepare for and attend meetings of the board in their entirety;
- Review and understand the Hospitality NL’s board briefing documents and minutes, policy manuals, official publications, and related orientation resources;
- Support the programs of Hospitality NL;
- Measure the performance of fellow volunteers and the Chief Executive Officer based upon the approved goals and priority actions of the board;
- Evaluate and follow up on actions taken at meetings of the board; and
- Fulfill any assignments as committee member, board liaison, or other duties as mutually agreed.
There are 8-10 meetings of the Board of Directors each calendar year. However, as needed, the Board of Directors may call additional meetings. At least three meetings per calendar year are permitted to be conducted by such means as telephone or other communication method. Additional Board meetings may be conducted by such means if permission is obtained from members of the Board of Directors.
Hospitality NL endeavours to ensure that Board meetings are held throughout the province. Despite these efforts, each meeting typically requires travel for some Board members. Teleconferencing is also available for board meetings and will be reimbursed under the same guidelines as other expenses.
Expense Payment Policy:
The Association will cover the costs Board members incur under the following guidelines:
Board Members At Large/Officers – 100%
Sector Representatives – 100%
Resource/Appointee Board Reps – 100%
- 1 Jul 13, 2017 Join us in Newfoundland and Labrador in 2019 for Atlantic...more...
- 2 Jun 20, 2017 Hospitality NL continues to lead efforts to understand...more...
- 3 Jun 15, 2017 Member Benefit Spotlight – Steers Distributionmore...
- 4 Jun 15, 2017 WorldHost Customer Service training in Clarenville...more...
- 5 Jun 15, 2017 Tourism Technology Resource Librarymore...
- 6 Jun 15, 2017 Canadian Tourism Employment Snapshot – Maymore...
- 7 Jun 15, 2017 emerit® Hotel General Manager certificationmore...
- 8 Jun 15, 2017 Funding Available – Workplace & Community Accessibilitymore...
- 9 Jun 15, 2017 Newfoundland Power Business Energy Forum – Clarenvillemore...
- 10 May 29, 2017 Hospitality NL accepting applications for NL Tourism...more...
- 1 Jul 31, 2017 WorldHost – St. John’s: Open Call for Registrationsmore...