Our current strategy, as outlined in Uncommon Potential: A Vision for Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism (Vision 2020) is aimed towards the sustainability and growth of our members and the tourism industry itself.
In 2009, a ten-year tourism strategy, Uncommon Potential: A Vision for Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism (Vision 2020) www.uncommonpotential.com was launched. Hospitality NL was instrumental in the establishment of the Visioning process for the tourism industry in Newfoundland and Labrador participating in the consultation process, the steering committee and playing an active role in the final Vision document.
Outlining the priorities to be addressed and providing a blueprint for extraordinary growth, Vision 2020 will enable all tourism stakeholders to continue to build a sustainable tourism industry, which is an economic driver for the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Hospitality NL, industry and government have agreed on the priorities for tourism for the next decade. This unprecedented level of partnership and commitment will enable all organizations to focus their energies and efforts on common goals and objectives, ultimately culminating with a doubling of tourism revenues by 2020.
There are many barriers facing our industry, both real and perceptual, which must be addressed in order to grow our industry to new heights. Vision 2020 provides innovative actions and seven strategic priorities that help steer Hospitality NL’s advocacy efforts so that our members and the tourism industry at large can harness the vast untapped potential of our industry.
The seven strategic priorities are:
- Private Public Leadership – A Partnership for Growth & Development
- Sustainable Transportation Network – A Transportation Strategy to Grow Our Industry
- Market Intelligence and Research Strategy – A Framework for Accessible & Timely Research
- Product Development – Delivering Strategic & Sustainable Traveller Experiences
- Tourism Technology – Strengthening Our Information & Communications Technology
- Marketing Our Brand – Building on the Success of Our Creative Marketing Campaign
- Developing Our Workforce – Growing Our People for a Dynamic Industry
Hospitality NL is steadfastly committed to achieving the Vision and to advocating on behalf of our members and industry in several key, strategic areas.
For more detail on these areas, please see our Policy Priorities section.
- 1 May 02, 2017 WorldHost Fundamentals – St. John’smore...
- 2 May 08, 2017 Online Video Production Workshop-St. John’smore...
- 3 May 10, 2017 Online Video Production Workshop-Grand Falls-Windsormore...
- 4 May 11, 2017 Online Video Production Workshop-Corner Brookmore...
- 5 May 23, 2017 WorldHost Fundamentals – Grand Falls Windsormore...
- 6 May 24, 2017 WorldHost Fundamentals – Trinitymore...
- 7 May 26, 2017 Tourism Town Hallmore...
emerit has been developed by the Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council (CTHRC) in collaboration with tourism industry professionals. It has become synonymous with excellence, credibility, and professionalism in the Canadian tourism sector. For more information go to www.emerit.ca.
The Discover Tourism career awareness program was developed to communicate employment and career opportunities in the tourism sector to a range of target audiences including Youth, New Canadians, Persons with Disabilities, Pre and Post Retirees.
The Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism (CATT) focuses on building partnerships between education and industry in order to foster the next generation of Canadian travel & tourism leaders.